For a couple in love, the wedding day is one of the most important life events. It is a symbol of their commitment to be together for the rest of their years. Wedding planning can be stressful because most people want every detail to be perfect. Pictures will document the entire day from start to finish, so looking their best is important for the bride and the groom. Many couples decide to have plastic surgery to enhance their appearance before their wedding. What procedures do these brides and grooms opt to undergo? The latest innovations in cosmetic surgery offer couples surgical and non-surgical options to meet various body types and goals.
Surgical procedures provide long-lasting results that can transform the entire physique. Men and women who want to rejuvenate the overall appearance of the body commonly undergo body contouring. It is important that patients who are interested in surgery before their wedding day allow adequate time for healing and for full results to show. Most surgical procedures can take anywhere from six months to one year for the final outcome to become apparent. Here are some of your surgical options:
- Laser liposuction: Looking thin and sculpted from every angle is the goal for most brides and grooms. Laser LifeSculpt liposuction offers less bruising, swelling, and discomfort than traditional liposuction. Dr. Jervis uses the Palomar Laser LifeSculpt advanced system to release the fat from fat storage cells. Laser technology is used to help patients to get rid of stubborn fat while tightening the skin.
- Breast augmentation: Most wedding dresses are designed to show off cleavage. Some women who lack shape and volume in their breasts may feel their wedding dress looks unflattering on their figure. A breast augmentation can be performed to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. Saline or silicone gel breast implants are inserted under or over the breast muscles to enhance the appearance of the breasts.
Non-surgical cosmetic procedure options are excellent for those who want quick results with less downtime and pain. Although non-surgical procedures do not require as much recovery as surgeries, brides and grooms should provide enough time to heal and see final results before the wedding. Some non-surgical options can take a few days to a few weeks for full results to show. Here are some of your non-surgical options:
- SculpSure®: This procedure transforms your body in just 25 minutes, eliminating stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. SculpSure® uses light-based technology to define and contour the abdomen and love handles. Its flexible heads allow us to treat a wide variety of body shapes and achieve the sculpted look you desire.
- Injectables: Fine lines and wrinkles are part of the natural aging process and a common frustration among men and women. There are several injectable treatments someone can undergo to rejuvenate the facial appearance, such as:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This treatment softens forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. The botulinum toxin type A formula is injected into the skin to inhibit the movement of the facial muscles that cause wrinkles to form.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra: This filler is designed to target marionette lines (lines at the corners of the mouth), decrease vertical lip lines, and plump the lips. Made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, JUVÉDERM® Ultra works by adding volume and filling in facial creases.
If you are interested in cosmetic surgery before your wedding, schedule a consultation to learn more about your options. Dr. Jervis can evaluate your body and goals to help you decide on the right procedure for you. Contact us by calling (925) 937-7100 or by filling out our online contact form.