When the term “plastic surgery” comes to mind, it is thought of as a topic mostly geared toward females. This isn’t surprising since breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery are some of the most common female procedures performed and talked about. However, men are just as likely as women to want to improve their bodies.
Men are commonly concerned with excess fat, sagging skin, and facial wrinkles and fine lines just as much as the average female. As men age, they find it is harder to lose weight and maintain a fresh, youthful appearance. To enhance their appearance, men can undergo a variety of procedures to achieve their face and body goals.
Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
Male Body Contouring
- Laser Liposuction: This procedure can be performed to target any area of the body with stubborn, excess fat. Dr. Jervis offers laser LifeSculpt™, which provides superior results over traditional liposuction because it tightens skin as well as removing fat. Liposuction by Dr. Jervis is almost always laser assisted. Tumescent fluid injection is universally done with all types of liposuction.
- Gynecomastia Surgery: Men with excess breast tissue that causes overly large male breasts can achieve a flatter, more toned chest area by undergoing gynecomastia laser surgery. Liposuction is used to remove excess fat, sculpting the chest into more masculine contours. Excision is used to remove excess glandular tissue if needed. Some have liposuction alone. Others have breast tissue excision alone. Other times, liposuction and breast tissue excision are done together.
- Tummy Tuck Surgery: Also known as abdominoplasty, this procedure can be performed on men who have excess fat and skin in the abdominal area, sometimes due to weight loss. Abdominoplasty can be done in conjunction with laser or traditional liposuction.
Male Facial Rejuvenation
- Facelift Surgery: This procedure targets excess and/or sagging skin on the face and neck that causes fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging. Using the adjustable vector tissue adhesive (AVTA) facelift method, Dr. Jervis can provide finesse and precision when removing excess skin and can easily control the direction of the pull of skin. The tissue adhesive glues the skin back down to the deeper facial tissues.
- Eyelid Surgery: Drooping upper eyelid skin can be corrected with eyelid surgery. Dr. Jervis will remove excess fat and skin from the upper and/or lower eyelids that cause the ocular region to appear old, sad, tired, or angry.
- Neuromodulators and Fillers: These treatments can be used to improve the appearance of facial fine lines and wrinkles. To non-surgically remove signs of facial aging, Dr. Jervis offers a variety of injectables, such as:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This injectable smooths frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, crow’s feet, and other areas by inhibiting the activity of the facial muscles.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra and Ultra Plus: This hyaluronic acid injectable works by filling in facial creases that cause the appearance of marionette lines (wrinkles below the corners of the mouth), and nasolabial grooves running from the nose downward toward the jawline, and other areas as well.
Men can take advantage of any of the cosmetic treatments offered by Dr. Jervis. To learn which procedures would work best for you, schedule your consultation today! You can contact us by calling (925) 937-7100 or by filling out our online contact form.