The internet seems to be taking over our daily lives, where we reside in a world of constant updates. Social media news feeds on Facebook and Instagram have created platforms for us to keep up with people constantly. We often find ourselves posting updates, “liking” photos, and commenting on posts multiple times per day. Considering most people have smartphones and easy access to a camera, pictures are constantly being snapped everywhere we go.
One of the most popular photo shots is the “selfie,” a picture you take of yourself from a high, angled position. Many people like the appeal of the “selfie” since it typically makes them appear slimmer. With the addition of an image filter, they can also remove fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, blemishes, and acne. Instead of relying on photo filters or angled photos, why not make your “selfie” a reality with cosmetic surgery? Dr. Jervis offers numerous facial procedures designed to fight signs of aging.
Your Facial Surgery Options
Surgical and non-surgical options can be performed alone or combined for optimal results.
Surgical Facial Procedures
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness and bags around the eyes and sagging skin can make someone appear tired and worn-out. Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. Extra fat and skin are removed to correct sagging in the upper eyelids and bulging in the lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery can provide more youthful eyes that can complement the entire face. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it was one of the top 5 cosmetic plastic surgery procedures last year, along with facelift surgery.
- Facelift surgery: As the skin elasticity weakens, it causes the facial skin to sag and droop, leading to the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and creases. Facelift surgery is designed to correct stretched tissue and excess skin and fat that causes the skin to droop. Dr. Jervis performs an Adjustable Vector Tissue Adhesive (AVTA) facelift with tissue sealant, which allows precise direction of the pull and tension of the closure during skin excision. Patients can achieve a fresher, more youthful face.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Wrinkles around the eyes (“crow’s feet”), forehead lines, and frown lines can make someone appear tired, mad, and old. BOTOX® Cosmetic involves using small injections of botulinum toxin type A to prevent the movement of the muscles that cause the appearance of wrinkles. Results can last from three to five months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra: Marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth downward) and vertical lip lines can be unflattering on a person. JUVÉDERM® Ultra is made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body. When injected, it can be used to fill in facial creases and create a lifted, happy appearance while providing fullness to the upper lip. Results can last six to 12 months.
- BELOTERO BALANCE®: This thinner version of hyaluronic acid is ideal for very fine lines or under the skin around the junction of the lower eyelid and upper cheek groove.
If you want to make your “selfie” a reality and are interested in one of our cosmetic procedures, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jervis today. He can evaluate your skin and goals to help you achieve a more youthful face. Contact us by calling (925) 937-7100 or by filling out our online contact form.