The years will fade away, and one day we will find ourselves looking in the mirror and noticing how much our appearance has changed. It seems that some of us develop fine lines and wrinkles without even realizing it.
Once aging indicators such as fine lines and wrinkles have made their mark on the face, it can be difficult to target them with at-home treatments and a healthy skin care regimen. Thankfully, there are many options on the plastic surgery market to provide a solution for our aging troubles. If you want to put your best face forward with a more youthful version of yourself, there are many non-surgical and surgical procedures to choose from to make you happier next time you look in the mirror.
Your Cosmetic Procedure Options
Non-surgical Facial Treatments
Many people do not want to undergo a surgical procedure to improve their facial appearance. Today, there are many non-surgical options to rejuvenate your face, such as:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: When injected beneath the facial skin, this botulinum toxin type A solution can inhibit the movement of facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles such as crow’s feet, furrows between the brows, and creases along the forehead.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra: This injectable filler is composed of hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance found in the body, and works by adding fullness to diminish the appearance of vertical lip lines, marionette lines, and nasolabial folds.
Surgical Facial Procedures
Injectables provide quick anti-aging results, but they require repeat treatments to maintain the results. Patients who would like longer-lasting results or who have loose, sagging facial skin might be better suited for a surgical procedure, such as:
- Eyelid lift: Wrinkles, bags, and drooping in the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both can be corrected by removing excess skin and repositioning the eyelid tissue.
- Facelift/Neck lift: Drooping tissues in the face and neck are corrected by removing excess skin and tightening the underlying tissues. Dr. Jervis performs the Adjustable Vector Tissue Adhesive (AVTA) facelift, which allows for individualized direction of pull as well as finessing the tension of the closure.
- Fat transfer: Sunken areas of the face and creases can be filled in using the patient’s fat. Fat is taken from a donor area of the body, purified and cleaned, and injected into the face. In comparison to facial fillers, fat transfer allows for a natural way to add facial fullness with a longer-lasting outcome.
If you want to look in the mirror and see a youthful version of yourself, Dr. Jervis can help you decide on the right procedure for you. Schedule your consultation today! Contact us by calling (925) 937-7100 or by filling out our online contact form.